Changing Password In QuickBooks
QuickBooks Desktop comes with thousands of accounting features that fulfills all your accounting requirements and you will be able to manage your business with ease. The best thing about the QuickBooks Desktop is that it provides high security to all your financial data and helps you to access your data from multiple locations without having to worry about its security. QuickBooks allows you to maintain your records such as credit card numbers, bank account details, EINs and SSNs. QuickBooks is one of the safest accounting software that allows you to access your company data by using a password. However, it is highly recommended to change your QuickBooks data on a regular interval to ensure the security of your data from your side. Doing this will prevent your data from being hacked. Intuit recommends you to change your QuickBooks passwords after every 90 days.
Changing passwords in QuickBooks is not a complex task and it can easily be done if you have your registered email address. However, if you are new to QuickBooks and you don’t know how to do it then you can get full-fledge steps to change your QuickBooks Desktop. You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Error Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to get an instant solution for your QuickBooks errors and issues.
Steps To Change QuickBooks Password
If you remember your current password and you still want to change it then you have to perform the following steps:
- Open your QuickBooks Company File by going into File > Open > Open or Restore Company.
- Select the Set up Username and Password section and then click on Change Your Password.
- Now, enter your current password.
- Enter the new password that you want to set for your company file. The password should contain at least 7 characters including 1 alphabet, 1 number and 1 special character.
- Enter the new password again to confirm and then click on OK.
- You should now be able to log into your company file using your new password.
Steps To Reset Your QuickBooks Password
If you don’t remember your current password then you will have to reset it and that can be done by two ways:
Reset Password Using Your Security Question
You can reset your password by answering your security question. It is a question that was asked to you when you created your account. You can reset your password by following ways:
- On the login screen of your QuickBooks company file, click on I forgot my password.
- Provide the correct answer for the security question and then click on OK.
- Now click on Close when you get a message stating: “ When you removed the password and challenge answer and the question then your company file is no longer password-protected. When you nearby this window, then you create a new password and select and answer your challenge question.”
- You will be taken to the window where you can change your password.
- Enter your new password twice and answer the captcha.
- Click on OK and login to your company file using the new password.
Reset Admin Password Using A Reset Code(Admin Only)
- Use the Automatic Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks to reset your Admin Password.
Important: Make sure to enter the first and last name of the person who purchased or activated QuickBooks.
- Changing another user’s password.
- Login to your QuickBooks company file with administrator rights.
- From the main menu, click on Company and then select the user whose password you want to change.
- Click on Edit User
- Provide a new password and then confirm it as well.
- Click on Next and then Finish to complete changing your password.
Why Is It Important To Change Your Password
QuickBooks Company Files store all your financial data and it is your duty to keep your data safe and secured. Some of the advantages of changing password on a regular basis are as follow:
- It keeps your account secured and assures that only you have the access to your data.
- Changing password on a regular basis will prevent your account from being hacked.
- Chances of forgetting your password will get reduced.
Support For QuickBooks Login Issues
If you change your QuickBooks password on a regular basis, it will make your data more secure. It is highly recommended to set a strong and healthy password so that the chances of your account getting hacked gets reduced. However, there are several errors and issues in QuickBooks that comes under the category of login issues. You can face various errors and issues when you try to change your QuickBooks password. Well, you don’t have to worry about that also because we at fixqberror.com, are always there to help you in such situations. You just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and you will be directly connected to one of our ProAdvisor who will look into your matter and provide you the best possible solution for your issues.
Submit your review