How To Generate And Process QuickBooks Payroll W-2 Forms?
Are you looking for the steps to generate and process the W-2 Forms in QuickBooks Payroll? Well, this article can be very help for you then. This article will help you to generate and process the QuickBooks Payroll W-2 forms with complete process. You just need to follow the steps provided in this article and you will be good to go. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 if you any kind of assistance from the official department of Intuit.
How To File W-2 Form In QB Payroll
Two methods through which you can file the W-2 forms are as given below:
- Manually filing the form
- File the form via electric means.
The above two methods are only for those who have subscribed to the QuickBooks Payroll services.
Important note:You need to print the W-2 forms first then you can give it to your staff members and clients. If you have any kind of doubts related to the processing of W-2 forms, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Support department.
Important Filing Dates That Needs To Remember Are:
- January 31st, 2019
- On this date, you get the W-2 form for any active or inactive member of staff along with the previous year salaries.
- Both ways to file W-2 forms in tandem with the SSA.
- Manually Filed Forms: Considered due dates are postmarked dates.
- Electronically Filed Forms: January 31, 2019, 5.00 pm is the last for submission of the forms.
To Electronically File Forms W-2 With The SSA
For QuickBooks Payroll Online users:
- From the Dashboard of QuickBooks Payroll, select the Show More option which is available below the Tasks
- Click on File Now option for W-2 Copied A & D.
- Choose Yearly Forms and then click on W-2 Copies A & D.
- Enter the tax code if you are asked and then ignore the pre-filed tax code field.
- Tap on Continue.
- Now you may be asked to submit whether one or more workers are active or not in a superannuation plan for the duration of the tax year.
- Select the View from W-2 Page option to open the Acrobat Reader. Check and print Copy D.
- Select the Submit option once you are ready to approve the file copy.
- Now, you need to note down your current status as submitted on the status page.
The form has now been submitted with the company. You should be receive an email when the process of your W-2 is finished properly.
Copies You Need To Hand Out To Employees When You Do Electronically Filling
Now, you need to print and share the copies to your staff members even if you file the W-2 Forms with SSA by electronic means. You also have to take the print of copies so that they can be maintained in your record.Here in this section, we have provided some facts related to the copies that needs to be sent to the agency, employee with yourself:
- Copy A – Needs to be generated for SSA
- Copy B – Needs to be generated for workers
- Copy C – Needs to be created for worker (copy of worker’s records)
- Copy D – Needs to be created for the owner
- Copy 1 – Needs to be generated for State, City, or Native tax division
- Copy 2 – Needs to be to be created for workers (filed with worker’s state, city or native tax returns)
How To Check Status Of W-2 Form
Status Of Filing W-2 Forms
Once you are done with the preparation of your W-2 Forms and you enter those details in QuickBooks then your QuickBooks Online Payroll account will either show Submitted or In Progress. You need to click on the Submit option within two workings days before January 31st, the SSA will check your submission.
- Submitted: It refers that your W-2 form processing is received successfully.
- In Progress:The W-2 details are transferred to the agency by QuickBooks desktop in the mid of the January month. It will be shown under the status once your W-2 has been directed.
- Finished:The SSA has acknowledged your W-2 form and you will get a notification through an email.
Get Help W-2 Form E-Filling From Payroll Experts
This article should be helpful for you in processing the W-2 form in QuickBooks Desktop. Filing W-2 form is not that complex but you can face several errors and issues during the process if you are not used to it. In case, if you are not able to process the W-2 forms in QuickBooks Payroll then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 to get an instant solution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.
Submit your review