Are you facing QuickBooks Error 15215 while updating your QuickBooks software or payroll tax table? Well, it could be occurring due to multiple reasons that we will be covering through this article.
Updating your QuickBooks is must as every update comes with new features and important security features that help you to manage your business in a more efficient way. However, there are various errors and issues in the QuickBooks software as well that can create hindrance in your work. Update errors in QuickBooks are also one of the most commonly faced issues in QuickBooks that generally defined as 15xxx error code. QuickBooks Error 15215 is also one of them that occurs while updating the QuickBooks software.
This article will provide you complete resolution of QuickBooks Error 15215. If you want an instant resolution for your issue then you can also contact us at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
Understanding QuickBooks Error 15215
When you use some services of QuickBooks that are undergoing some maintenance and you and other connected users faces various errors and QuickBooks Error 15215 is one of them. QuickBooks Error 15215 can also occur when you try to update the payroll tax tables.
What Are The Consequences Of QuickBooks Error 15215?
QuickBooks Error Code 15215 can badly affect your workflow and your business. It has multiple impacts on your QuickBooks and this section of the article will tell you what are the possible consequences of QuickBooks Update Error 15215 and they are as follow:
- The server won’t work properly and as a result, you won’t have any kind of response from the server.
- Various important QB services couldn’t be accessed.
- Windows may start to crash randomly.
- QuickBooks can start crashing randomly.
- The error can cause slow processing of your PC.
Solutions of QuickBooks 15215 Error:
Although, this error can cause serious issues to your QuickBooks and system but it is considered as a common update error that can be resolved by following some appropriate guidelines provided by Intuit. This section of the article will provide you the solution to resolve QuickBooks Error 15215.
After knowing the consequences of QuickBooks Error 15215, it is important to resolve this error as soon as possible because this error can even damage your QuickBooks data as well. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15215 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download the Digital Signature Certificate
Most of the errors in the 15xxx error series occurs due to the missing digital signature certificates. You need to install the digital signature again in order to resolve the error code 15215. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Press CTRL + E keys to run the File Explorer
- Navigate to the folder path:C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- From the folder, locate file with exe and right-click on same.
- From the drop-down list, click on Properties and then navigate to the Details
- This will open the Digital Signature Details window. You need to click on View Certificate.
- Select the Install Certificate
- Click on Next and at last, click on
- Once the process finishes, restart your system and try to update QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Problems with Internet Explorer in General
QuickBooks Error 15215 can also occur due to the misconfigured settings of QuickBooks. So, to resolve the error you have to modify the settings of Internet Explorer.
- Run Internet Explorer and navigatecom
- Press the ALT key to display menu bar.
- Go to File > Properties and under the Connection option, validate the number of bit encryption.
- If the number is less than 128 bit then it means that your Internet Explorer is damaged and you need to update or reinstall it.
At last, you are recommended to modify the IE settings and make sure that the internet connection is stable.
- Run Internet Explorer and tap on the Gear
- Click on Internet Options and then navigate to the Connection
- Click on LAN Settings and mark Automatically Detect Settings checkbox
- Make sure that the Proxy Servers are unmarked if you don’t use it.
- Click on Apply to save changes.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and mark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 check boxes.
- Go to the Advanced tab and make sure that the TLS 1.2
Solution 3: Configure The Firewall Settings
QuickBooks Error 15215 can also occur due to improper setting of Windows Firewall. In order to resolve the error, you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to the System and Security
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Go to Advanced Settings and click on the Inbound Rules
- Right-tap on the Inbound Rule and from the drop-down list, click on New Rule.
- Select Port for the Rule Type.
- Switch the first radio button to TCP and second radio button to Specific local ports. You have to add the following ports for resolving the QuickBooks updating functionality:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- QuickBooks Desktop 2015: 8019, 56725, 55363-55367
Note: The ports should be separated properly by using a comma.
- Select Allow The Connection option and then click on Next
- Select a network type to if you want it to get applied to the rule.
- Give a name to the Inbound Rule and then click on
- Perform the same steps for Outbound Rules as well. You just have to select Outbound Rule in place of Inbound and then the process is same.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Errors
Hopefully, you find this article helpful for you and you have resolved the QuickBooks Error 15215. You should now be able to update your QuickBooks software to the latest release easily. The provided steps in this article can also be performed to resolve most of the update errors as most of them occurs due to similar reasons.
In case if you could not resolve the error manually or you are not sure about performing the steps and you require a technical assistance from a QuickBooks expert then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get your issues resolved.
Submit your review