QuickBooks Error 15270 is one of the most commonly faced errors in QuickBooks software. It generally occurs when you try to update your QuickBooks software to the latest release. Intuit releases regular updates for the QuickBooks software to make include more features and make software more reliable.
Currently, QuickBooks 2019 is the latest version which was released in September 2018. Along with this new version, Intuit also discontinued QuickBooks 2016 version. So, if you are using QuickBooks 2016 or older version then it is important for you to update your QuickBooks as soon as possible because now you won’t be able to get any kind of services from Intuit. To know more about updating QuickBooks, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Upgrade Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647.
QuickBooks Error 15270 occurs on your screen along with the following message:
“Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully “
“Error 15270: The update is missing a file is displayed on the system screen”
If you are also facing the QuickBooks Error 15270 while or during theupdate then this article will be helpful for you as we are going to discuss about how to resolve this error manually. You can also contact us at QuickBooks Error Support Number +1800-551-2647 if you want to take help from our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15270?
This error is quite common for the QuickBooks users and it also can easily be tackled by following some basic guidelines provided by Intuit. Basically, there are two ways through which we can resolve this error and both of them are basic and can easily be performed by someone even if he or she doesn’t have proper knowledge of QuickBooks.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270 are as follow:
Method 1: Manually Update QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks. If you get QuickBooks Update Service pop-up then you need to click on Install later.
- Go to Help menu and then select Update
- Open the Update Now tab and then put a checkmark on the Reset Updates
- Click on Get Updates and then select OK.
- You will get a confirmation message once the update finishes.
- Restart your system and then open QuickBooks.
- On the QuickBooks Update service pop-up, click on Install Now.
- Wait for the process to get finished. It may take some time.
- Now, go to Employees menu and then click on Get Payroll Update
- Update to update QuickBooks payroll tax tables.
If you still get an error then move on to the next solution:
Method 2: Turn Off UAC
For Windows Vista Users
- Open Control Panel and then navigate to the User Account Control
- Click on the radio buttonTurn User Account Control to ON or
- Select OK and then restart your system.
- Now, try to update QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned in the first method.
For Windows 7, 8 & 10 Users
- Open the Control Panel and then click on User Account Control.
- Select the Change User Account Control Settings
- Tap on theTurn off UACand then click onOK
- If you are asked to enter a password then do so and then restart your PC.
- Turn UAC On again by following the same steps and then click on
- Perform the steps mentioned in 1st method to update your QuickBooks software.
If you still get the same error then you can try to reinstall QuickBooks.
Resolve QuickBooks Update Errors
You should be able to resolve QuickBooks Error 15270 and hopefully your QuickBooks software got updated to the latest release. Sometimes, the error may faced again and again because you are not updating QuickBooks in appropriate manner. In such situations the error may become unrecoverable or you can face some other issues as well. In such situations, you need to get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 and get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.
Submit your review