This article will provide you a complete solution for QuickBooks Error 1601, QuickBooks Error 1603 and QuickBooks Error 1642 with some basic solution steps.
QuickBooks has become one of the biggest accounting software in the world with a market share of 80% in the US. It serves you a large number of accounting features that includes payroll, tracking inventory, sales tax, managing income and expenses etc. However, it is also true that the software is prone to errors and can easily fall into various error cades and issues. But you don’t have to worry at all because the Intuit QuickBooks Support department is available 24×7 to provide you the support for all QuickBooks versions such as QuickBooks Pro, Premier & Enterprise.
QuickBooks has various error codes and issues that can hamper your workflow easily. Most of the errors in QuickBooks comes under a category such as update errors, installation errors, company file errors etc. In this article, we will be discussing about some common installation errors that restricts you from installing QuickBooks on your system. QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or 1642 are those errors for which we will be providing you the solution.
QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or 1642 have a different name but all of them are similar in nature. They have common causes, symptom, consequences and troubleshooting methods that’s why we are covering all of them in a single article. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 if you want an instant solution for your issues.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 & 1642?
QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or QuickBooks 1642 occurs while updating or installing QuickBooks on your system. The error messages associated with these errors are:
- Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
- Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version]
- Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework when installing QuickBooks
You can use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to resolve basic installation errors in QuickBooks. If the error continues then move further in this article to resolve them manually.
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 1602, 1603 And 1642
Common causes of QuickBooks Error 1602, 1603 & 1642 are as given below:
- Microsoft Windows Installer is damaged and it is causing the error.
- QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Installation source was damaged or corrupted.
- Microsoft Windows installer is corrupt.
- The current Windows user doesn’t have appropriate rights to install or update QuickBooks.
- Firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks to get updated
- Your computer is under a Virus or Malware attack.
How To Repair QuickBooks Error Code 1602, 1603 And 1642?
If You Get Error While Installing QuickBooks
QuickBooks is designed under a complex algorithm and it requires various components to run smoothly such as the Microsoft .NET Framework. It is required for QuickBooks get integrated with the components to work smoothly. You can get these installation errors if the Microsoft .NET Framework is damaged.
If your Microsoft .NET Framework is damaged or missing then you have follow the below-mentioned steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1602, QuickBooks Error Code 1603 and QuickBooks Error Code 1642:
- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve the possible data damage issues in your QuickBooks.
- Install all the available updates for your Windows OS.
- Install all the updates for your Windows Drivers.
- Manually repair .NET Framework or contact the Microsoft support.
Following this solution should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or 1642 if you are facing the errors due to damaged or missing Microsoft .NET Framework.
If You Get Error While Updating QuickBooks
If you get the error while updating your QuickBooks software then just reinstalling the QuickBooks software won’t help you in resolving the error. You will have to completely uninstall the software and then rename all the old files and then install QuickBooks that too using a fresh source because the existing source can also be causing the error. This process is basically known as the Clean Install or Clear Uninstall.
- Uninstall QuickBooks
- Open the Control Panel and go to the Programs & Features section
- Locate QuickBooks and click on Uninstall.
- Follow t he on-screen prompts and when the process finishes, click on Finish.
- Rename all the old Installation folders
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using a fresh source
Resolve QuickBooks Installation Errors
The provided solutions should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1601, QuickBooks Error 1603 & QuickBooks Error 1642. You should now be able to install or update QuickBooks software easily. However, if the error couldn’t get resolved by using the steps mentioned in this article then the next available option for you to resolve this error is connecting with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and get solution for your issues instantly.
Submit your review