QuickBooks Error 1712 is a common installation error but it can be very frustrating for you when you encounter it. This error basically pops-up on your screen when you try to install the QuickBooks software. It can occur due to multiple reasons like damaged Microsoft components or firewall blockage.
If you are also facing this error and you couldn’t install or reinstall QuickBooks on your system then this article can help you in so many ways. Here in this article, you will find the appropriate solution steps for QuickBooks Error 1712 including with the causes that can lead to this error. However, if you are in a hurry or you want an instant resolution for your issue then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 and get support for your issues.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 1712
Following are the symptoms or indications of receiving the error code 1712:
- Screen turns blue or it gets blank.
- You can’t shutdown or startup your Windows properly.
- Input/output errors are occurring
- Your system stops responding suddenly
- Error code 1712 pops up on your screen
- HTTP error may also occur
Causes Of Error 1712:
- Antivirus software installed in your system is restricting the installation process.
- Virus or malware attack has infected the installation files or folder.
- You have made some changes in your system that requires a reboot but you haven’t done it yet and you are trying install QuickBooks.
- Your system is having another installation of QuickBooks software.
- Damaged or corrupted Windows registry
- You are not following appropriate guidelines to install QuickBooks.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1712?
QuickBooks Install Error not only restricts you from installing the QuickBooks software on your system but it can also lead to some other critical issues as well. That’s why resolving this error becomes much more important and you need to follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
Solution 1: Put An End To The Error At The Task Manager
- Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL
- Navigate to the Processes tab and locate QuickBooks from the list.
- Click on End Process. Do the same for all QuickBooks processes.
- Restart your system.
Solution 2: Install The QuickBooks Software After Download It
- Download the installation file of QuickBooks from Intuit’s website.
- Click on Change and then select a version that you want.
- Download the file and install QuickBooks properly.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type regedit in the search field and hit enter.
- Follow the below mentioned path in ‘Regedit’:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Double-tap on AppData to replace the profile path to the original value.
- Restart your system and then try to install QuickBooks again.
Solution 3: Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a service provided by Intuit without any additional charges. This tool is specially developed to resolve the installation errors and damaged Microsoft component issues. You just need to install the tool on your system and start the scan. It will automatically detect and troubleshoot the identified issues. It can also be used to resolve other QuickBooks installation issues such as:
- QuickBooks Error 1601
- QuickBooks Error 1935
- QuickBooks Error 1904
- QuickBooks Error 1402
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- Microsoft .Net framework issues
- MSXML and C++ related issues
Once the tool finishes its process, restart your system. The process may take up-to 15-20 minutes depending upon your system configuration and internet speed.
Technical Support Of QuickBooks Installation Issues
Provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1712 easily. However, if the error is still around then you can try the following quick fixes:
- Disable antivirus software and then try to install QuickBooks.
- Configure Firewall settings that are compatible with QuickBooks.
- Install all the available Windows updates
- Try to install QuickBooks using a fresh source.
If you are still getting the same issue while installing QuickBooks then the last thing that you need to get in touch with our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 to get solutions for your issues.
Submit your review