If we talk about errors and issues in QuickBooks software then the QuickBooks Error 3371 is the first error that comes in our mind. Error code 3371 is undoubtedly is one of the most commonly faced issues in the QuickBooks software and it is also one of the most critical error as well. It pops-up on your screen while opening the QuickBooks software and shows the following error message(s):
Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371:, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
This article will help you in resolving this license error by following some basic guidelines provided by Intuit. However, if you are looking for an instant support then you may can connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
Symptoms Of QB Error 3371
- Running program or window gets crashed
- Your system gets crashed randomly
- Error code 3371 with a status code and a message appears on your screen.
- Your system responds slowly to your commands
- QuickBooks starts getting freezing up on you.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3371
- Damaged .dat files
- Corrupted Microsoft components such as MSXML, .NET and C++
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks software
- You don’t have a valid license number or product number for QuickBooks.
- Firewall or antivirus software is not allowing QuickBooks to verify the license.
- Some of Windows files have been damaged
- A third-party application deleted some important QB related files
- Issues with the installation of your QuickBooks software
- You didn’t activated QuickBooks properly after you installed it in your system
How To Resolve The Error Code 3371?
Basically, there are three different solutions that you can perform in order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371. You are recommended to perform solution steps in the shown order to get best results. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 3371 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download Latest Windows Updates
- Log in to the Windows with admin rights
- Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update
- Now, check if there is any update available or not.
- Download and install all the available updates.
Important: You must have an active internet connection to download Windows updates.
Solution 2: Delete The EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Close QuickBooks and all its related processes using the Task Manager:
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and select Task Manager from the list
- Navigate to Processes tab
- Now locate all the QuickBooks processes from the list
- Select each of them one by one and then click on End Task
- Now, open the Entitlement data folder by following the below steps:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Navigate to folder C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)
- Locate the .ecml file and right-click on it.
- Select Delete from the drop-down list and click on Yes on the confirmation box that says Are you sure you want to delete this file?
- Now, try to open QuickBooks and you will be asked to re-register for the applications. Do the same.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is capable of repairing the damaged Microsoft components. It can be used by all the QuickBooks users as it doesn’t require any extra charges. You just have to install the tool and you are good to go. If you don’t have the installation file then you can download it form the following link:
- Perform a clean installation of QuickBooks
- Run the tool once it is installed properly
- Tool will automatically detect and troubleshoot the identified issues
Note: The scan can take up-to 15 to 20 minutes depending upon your internet connection and your system configuration.
- Restart your system to save changes
Technical Support For QuickBooks License Issues
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 3371 easily. The solutions provided in this article are efficient to resolve almost every license error in your QuickBooks software. However, sometimes the error may become unrecoverable and could not be resolved through manual solutions. In such scenarios, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289. Once you contact us, we instantly respond to your call, analyze the scenario and provide you the required solutions instantly.
Submit your review