QuickBooks accounting is a robust accounting solution that provides you a reliable accounting services. Its highly efficient accounting services provides you a great environment to work on your accounts and grow your business. However, along with the features, it also has various error codes and issues that can pop-up on your screen due to various causes. QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is a prime example of the errors or issues that can restrict you from working in your accounts. It is a part of 6000 error series that represents company file errors. This error generally occurs when you try to open or update your QuickBooks company file and it shows the following error message:
“QuickBooks was unable to open the company file on the hosted computer.”
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6190, 816
- Company file couldn’t affiliate the transaction log file (TLG). TLG files contains all your auto-saved business transactions. Its file format is XXXX.qbw.tlg in which XXXX indicates the name of your company file. In such situations, QuickBooks can throw the error code 6190, 816 when you try to access the QuickBooks company file.
- An update was not properly installed and causing the error. It might be occurring because the QuickBooks software was updated but the company files could not be updated properly.
- This error can be pop-up on your screen if you a user is using QuickBooks and at the same time another user use it in single user mode. This can restrict you from accessing the company file.
- Corrupt company or data file.
How To Fix The Issue?
QuickBooks Error 6190, 816 is a common company file error that can easily be resolved by following some basic guidelines provided by Intuit. However, to avoid the issue you need to be updated on the latest version of QuickBooks as there are not very much chances to get this error in the latest version. You can resolve the error code 6190, 816 by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the installation file of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool by clicking on the following link:
- Install the tool properly and then run it. You must be logged in to your system with administrator rights.
- You will have the following two options:
- Network Connectivity Only
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- You need to click on the first option to resolve the error.
- Provide Admin password if required.
- You will be asked whether the QuickBooks company file is hosted on a server or not. If yes then click on Yes if not then click on
Contact QB Experts For Support
Hopefully, this article was helpful for you and you have resolved the QuickBooks Error 6190, 816. You should now be able to open your QuickBooks company file properly. In case if the error couldn’t get resolved by these solution steps then you need to contact a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to get a permanent solution for this error. In order to get technical support for QuickBooks, you need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 and you will be connected to a QuickBooks ProAdvisor who will look into your matter and provide you the required solution for your issue.
Submit your review