QuickBooks Error H202 and H505 is considered as one of the most common errors in QuickBooks but these error codes are faced only by the users who are using QuickBooks in multi-user mode. This error restricts you from opening the QuickBooks software in multi-user mode and most of the time this error occurs when QuickBooks is not configured properly for the multi-user mode.
If you are also finding yourself in a situation when you couldn’t open QuickBooks and receive the error code H202 or H505 in return. This error is basically caused by the damaged QuickBooks company file. If you are in the same situation and finding a way to get out from it then this article will be helpful for you as we will be discussing about QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 and H505 along with their causes and resolutions. It can be a bit long and complex process so you can also get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
The error can also occur when you try to switch QuickBooks to multi-user mode. Error from this series basically refers that something is blocking the multi-user connection to your server and it come with the following error messages:
Error Code H101, H202, H303 Or H505 In QuickBooks: Causes
The error message along with the code that are as given below:
QuickBooks Error Code H202
The file you are trying to open is located on another computer and QuickBooks is not able to reach the server on that system.
If the QuickBooks installed in your system could not reach the server then you get this error.
QuickBooks Error Code H101, H303, H505
You are trying to open a company file which is placed on another system and that system is asking for an extra installation and setup.
Causes of this error are as given below:
- Hosting configurations of QuickBooks are not proper.
- Firewall settings on the server or local system are blocking the communication between server and QuickBooks.
- .ND files got corrupted
- Hosting system doesn’t have a valid IP address or it couldn’t be identified by the Database Server Manager.
- Improper DNS settings
- QuickBooks Databases Server Manager is not installed on the server system.
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF are unable to start.
|Pro Tip: While trying the troubleshooting steps then you should always be signed in with administrator rights.|
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error H202 & H505
Method 1: Install QuickBooks Database Server manager
Hosting your own network
If QuickBooks is not hosted on your network, then you need to install QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server system. Server is the computer where all your company files are hosted. The QuickBooks Desktop Server Manager tool creates a connection between your server and other connected workstations.
QuickBooks Database Sever Manager can be set up be two ways:
- The Full Program option: When you have the full version of QuickBooks then the QuickBooks Database Server manager will get installed on your server computer.
- The Server Only option: You only have QuickBooks Database Server Manager installed on your server system.
Once the Database Server Manager is installed in your system, you need to move further on hosting the QuickBooks company files on the server. For more info, you can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support department.
Method 2: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is one of the most important tools provided by Intuit. It allows you to resolve almost every data damage issues in your QuickBooks. More importantly, this service is provided by Intuit without any additional charges and any QB user can use this tool. You just need to install it and run it. It will automatically scan and troubleshoot the identified issues. It is able to resolve the H series errors in many cases so we recommend you to use it first on server and then on the local systems.
Method 3: Verify Hosting And Services
Note: These steps are to be performed on the hosting system only.
Verify the hosting
- From the main menu, go to File > Utilities and then:
- If the Host Multi-User Access option is available then it means that this system is not hosting the company file. You have do this on all the hosting system and make sure that you are not making any changes any changes in your workstation.
- Now, click on Yes to the Host Multi-User Access
Verify the services
- You need to be assured that services such as QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor have are running.
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R keys from your keyboard
- Type MSC and then press Enter or click on OK
- Service Window: Locate the QuickBooksDBXX If not then run it manually by double-clicking on it.
- Click on the Recovery
- Restart your system and this should automatically run the QuickBooks run the QuickBooksDBXX service and Save the changes.
- Try to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode
Method 4: Open Network Ports QuickBooks To Communicate Configure The Firewall
- Go to the Windows Firewall Settings
- From the Outbound Rules and then tap on New Rule
- Click on Ports and then select Next to move further.
- Click on TCP in the local ports box and then click on
- Select Allow the Connection option and then provide the port name
- Click on Finish
- Perform same steps for Inbound Rules as well. Just select Inbound Rule instead of Outbound Rule.
- Once you are done, try to run QuickBooks in multi-user mode
Method 5: Create A New Folder For Your Company File And Share It By Allowing Access To Share Company Files
- Open the server system and create a new folder in its local drive.
- Share this folder with other systems as well and set the permissions to share company files.
- Go to the folder where company file is located and create a copy of your company file.
- Paste this file into the newly created folder
- Try to access the QuickBooks Company Files in multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Support For Multi-User Issues
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505. All these issues are very common and critical at the same time. You need to resolve this error as early as possible because it can create some other issues for you as well. If you could not resolve these issues by following manual steps then you can look out for support by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get all your issues resolved instantly.
Submit your review