QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that comes with various tools and features to make your accounting tasks easy and effective. It provides you various important features such as bill managements, tax filing , payroll, employee management, invoice, tracking inventory etc. However, sometimes it can fall into various errors and issues as well and QuickBooks License Error After Clone is one of them that occurs during the startup of QuickBooks.
This article will provide you the solution steps to resolve the QuickBooks License Error After Clone. If you are not sure about performing the solution steps then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-551-2647 to get support for your issues.
To install QuickBooks Desktop on your system, you are required to enter the license number and product code for validation purpose. The file which contains the information is always encrypted. You may face some kind of issue if that encrypted files gets damaged or missing. In such scenarios, you can encounter the QuickBooks License Error.
QuickBooks License Error After Clone
To activate QuickBooks after installing it on your system, you need to enter a valid license number and product number to validate your subscription. The file that contains all these information is encrypted by default. If these files gets damaged or missing then you can face various issues such as QuickBooks license errors.
Resolving these license errors are not that complex as it can be resolved by removing the damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. Not only this error, removing the entitlement file can also resolve various license related issues such as:
- Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Sync Licensed Data Online is disabled
- Your QuickBooks is not registered, this makes you unable to use Online Banking
- Error ” You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” occurs when you try to sync or subscribe
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
Note:Removing the damaged entitlement file a general solution and the error can occur again. That’s why these errors require a permanent solutions that you can get in this article.
Causes Of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
Causes of QuickBooks License Error After Clone are as follow:
- Damaged or missing .DAT or MSXML
- Damaged Qbregistration.dat File: QuickBooks require this file to access your QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks validate your QuickBooks license every time you run QuickBooks and QBregistration.dat file validates your license every time. You may face various license errors in case if this file gets corrupted or missing.
- Corrupted MSXML Component: MSXML is a Microsoft component which is required to run QuickBooks smoothly. In case if this component get corrupted, license errors and other installation errors can pop-up on your screen.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- You are entering an invalid license number or product number.
- Antivirus software is not allowing the license validation process.
- You are trying to import the .QBO file without saving it.
How To Fix The License Error
Steps to resolve this error license error are as given below:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Use the Task Manager to close all the QuickBooks related processes.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL
- Navigate to the Processed tab
- Select all the processes one by one and then click on End Task.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Navigate to the folder where the entitlement file is located.
- Locate and right-click on the file and select Delete from the drop-down list.
- Click on Yes if you get a confirmation message.
- Now, try to re-register your QuickBooks account
The above-mentioned step should allow you to activate QuickBooks on your system. However, in case if the error couldn’t get resolved then you can try some alternate solution steps as well and they are mentioned below:
- Download all the latest available updates for your Windows Operating System and Windows drivers by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Start > All Programs.
- Click on Windows Update to see available updates.
- Install all the available updates. Once the update finishes, try to install and update QuickBooks.
- If the error still persists then you need to reinstall QuickBooks using a new source.
Connect With Us
Provided solutions in this article should help you in resolving the QuickBooks License Error After Clone. However, sometimes the error may become unrecoverable and you won’t be able to resolve the issue manually. In such cases, you need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 and get an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks issues.
Submit your review